This post has a double side to it: an announcement and outfit inspiration. Yesterday I had (sort of) a interview and got a (sort of) job. Sort of because an internship lacks some of the characteristics of a job. Nonetheless, my excitement grew along with the day as I was realizing that I got my (sort of) first New York job – and of course, the encouragement from M, my friends and family. Going on a interview has a lot of factors that we will cover, but for know, let’s start with the appropriate outfits we should wear. They can depend on the type of job, the company and the formality of it. I can’t say I’ve been on an interview where I wore a suit. I always go a little prepped up but I don’t want to be wearing something that’s not my style. A nice shirt, a pair of well groomed jeans and some fancy – not necessarily high-heel – shoes go a long way. Simple make-up and hair. Don’t over think it but don’t go like you’re having coffee with your friends. You can see the following outfits I would definitely wear.
Photo taken by me.
1. Long Fleece Blazer from Zara, Graduate Check Dress from Topshop, Piers Sneaker from Michael Kors,
2. Peplum Blazer from Zara, Elena Printed Stretch-Silk Wide Pants from Diane Von Furstenberg, Cashmere Sweater from NLST,
Golly Metal Toe Court Shoes from Topshop, Mini City Bag from Zara, Metal Forest Bracelets from Bimba y Lola.
3. Short Zipped Jacket from Zara, Twill Tapered Pants from Michael Kors, Strappy Top from Zara, Two-tone Glossed Leather Loafers from Tod’s,
4. Double Breasted Wool Pea Coat from Topshop, Blur Rose Print Mini Con Dress from Topshop, High Heel Lace-Up Sandals
5. Wool Tweed Blazer from Saint Laurent, Le Skinny de Jeanne Distressed Skinny Jeans from Frame Denim, Frill Sleeve Tee from Topshop,